Random pet peeves

Many people have certain pet peeves. My mother hates hearing people brush their teeth. Lin hates it when her litter box has less than two inches of litter. Emily doesn't like it when people lick their fingers after eating cheetos.
I think these are all perfectly reasonable things that would irritate a person (or cat).

Here is a list of things that I normally wouldn't care about but now make me want to drown myself in my tea:

I hate it when I'm giving people change and I have to give them every coin. This happens with $.66. I have to touch the quarters, then the dimes, then the nickels, and by the time I get to pennies I am irritated.

I hate it when people have already bought something and decide to also buy something else. If you have a bag, I think you're leaving. You're checked off. Don't come back to bother me!

I hate it when people ask me to throw out their half-empty starbucks cups. Especially if it contains a cold beverage that might be sticky. I don't want to touch your condensationed cup. It is going to leak into my trash and I will be smelling frappucino for the rest of the day. Yuck.

I hate it when people timidly approach the register. It's a register. They're in stores ALL over the world! Don't look like you don't know what you're doing. And when I'm standing in front of the register after having just given someone their bag and change, don't say, "Is this where I pay?" Cause that? Is just moronic.

I hate it when people need directions that I have no idea about, but expect me to look at a map and figure it out for them. I'm assuming that you have eyes and can look at a map yourself. Does it really take both of us to figure out the road to Connecticut?

I abhor people who cut the line to ask "a quick question." I hate it even more when they do this when I'm counting out change or actually having a nice conversation with a customer. Today I was talking to a lovely woman while I rang her up, and someone interrupted her response to ask about the bathroom. When did this become acceptable? I understand that I'm nobody, but this was another customer speaking. You are not as important as you think you are. Don't interrupt.

I hate people who think they don't have to wait in line because they're buying the Times and have a dollar. Don't just chuck a dollar over the counter while I'm ringing up someone else. It's rude and you can't be in that much of a rush at 10:34 am on a Thursday morning (I'm looking at you old man who never waits in line. You don't work, you have nowhere to be. You can wait four seconds.)

I hate people who don't answer when I ask if they have a discount card and then pull out said card AFTER I have run their credit card. "Can I use this?" Well, you could have but it's kind of impossible for me to put in your discount AFTER you've paid.

I hate people who think that by continuing to ask me questions after I say, "I don't know" will make me arrive at a different answer. If I knew the answer I WOULD TELL YOU so that you would GO AWAY.

I hate people who try to touch the computer while I'm looking up a book. NO TOUCHING.

This is a small list. But it was a long week.

No comments: