bullies.

There are people who frequent retail and restaurant establishments who think that, by causing a fuss or asking for the manager, they will get some sort of discount. Many times, they win. Stores don't want to lose business, obviously, and try to accomodate everyone.

However. When a store has a strict policy and you want to break it and a very nice supervisor (whose name might be kate) has explained said policy and also shown you a copy of the agreement YOU signed, being a bully is going to help your cause negatively. I have no use for people who think that yelling or insulting me is going to make me MORE likely to help them.

At my lovely college bookstore, we are NOT obligated to take the corporate membership card. Since we are such a large store and like to be part of the community, we take the card, as a courtesy, if you have it with you.

Since you aren't supposed to be able to use this dastardly card at our store anyway, suck it up. And if someone has miraculously given you a discount before when you didn't have your card--well, you got away with something. Good for you. Be happy with that fact and don't try to bully me into doing it again. I am SERIOUSLY not the person you want to pick a fight with. Do I look like I'm kidding? Cause I'm not. If you're nice, I will do my best to accomodate you. If you're condescending and tell me, "You're obviously new at this job," I will kick you in the nuts.

And I liked it when I said, "No, I'm not new, I've been working here for a year," and she said, "That IS new. You have no idea about what a job entails."

I think I have enough idea about this job to know that going into my closet and bashing my head against the wall will LESSEN the pain I deal with every single fucking day.

2 comments:

Eunice Burns said...

Seriously? Seriously. I don't know HOW you do it.

Am I going to see you in a few weeks??

Eunice Burns said...

Wait, do you know that Eunice is really Susan? I can't remember if you knew that or not.